[Mitai-announce] MDGs and Malaria

Mary Jue Xu maryxu at MIT.EDU
Sun Feb 14 19:41:29 EST 2010

There is an event this Tuesday centered on the Millenium development goals.
There will be a speaker from Harvard Medical School, and dinner will be
provided!

-----

M^3
Tuesday, February 16
5:30-7:30 pm
Democracy Center in Harvard Square

Featuring Dr. Dan Milner of Harvard Medical School

In 2000, 192 UN member states came together to agree upon the UN Millennium
Development Goals (MDG). These 8 goals come together to address the root
causes of global poverty--such as hunger, gender equality, and infectious
disease. Their deadline is 2015, and we are far behind being able to achieve
the goals before their deadline expires.
Learn more about these goals, why we aren't on track to achieve them, and
about innovative ways religious communities in Africa are coming together to
tackle goal 6: malaria eradication.
Join us for dinner as we explore what is currently being done and how YOU
can help make real change in the lives of others across the globe.
Can't make the entire thing? No problem. Come for as long as you can.
Suggested donation $5. Proceeds go to Project Muso, empowering women in Mali
to provide affordable healthcare.

Questions? *www.faithsactfellows.org/boston* or Facebook group *Faiths Act
Boston*
--
Jem Jebbia
Faiths Act Fellow
Email: jem.jebbia at faithsactfellows.org
Help save a life: Donate $10 for an insecticide-treated bednet now at
www.firstgiving.com/faithsactboston