[Mitai-announce] Fwd: Burma and human rights

Elan Pavlov elan at MIT.EDU
Fri Oct 16 08:36:52 EDT 2009

Our friends at MIT STAND are holding the following event on mon. If you can not
make it to the MIT event please feel free to attend any of the other events
held in the Boston area.

>From the front lines of the 2007 Saffron Revolution to their new lives here in
the United States, three Burmese Buddhist monks will share their inspirational
story of peaceful struggle for human rights for the people of their homeland.
The event will include a presentation and discussion with the monks, as well as
the screening of excerpts of the new documentary, Burma VJ.

We welcome you to any of our four public events:

Harvard Divinity School
Sperry Room, Andover Hall
45 Francis Ave, Cambridge, MA
Monday (10/19), 4 p.m.
Hosted by the Harvard Center for the Study of World Religions
Co-sponsored by Physicians for Human Rights, Harvard Buddhist Community, and the
Harvard University Amnesty Chapter

Massachusetts Institute of Technology
77 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge, MA
Monday (10/19), 7 p.m. 4- 370
Hosted by the MIT STAND Student Chapter

Arlington Street Church
Main Sanctuary Room
351 Boylston St, Boston, MA
Tuesday (10/20), 7:30 p.m.

Boston College Law School
885 Centre St, Newton Center, MA
Wednesday (10/21), 4 p.m.
Hosted by the BC Law Amnesty Student Chapter
Co-sponsored by Boston College Amnesty Chapter

All events are sponsored by Amnesty International Local Group 133
(www.amnesty133.org.)

----- End forwarded message -----

----- End forwarded message -----