[Mitai-announce] Darfur Dinner tickets + Amnesty mtg tomorrow

Kayvan kayvan at MIT.EDU
Mon Dec 3 01:28:36 EST 2007

Tomorrow, please stop by our lobby 10 table to pick up your tickets for
the Darfur Fundraiser Dinner that is scheduled for this Sunday, December
9th at 7pm in Walker Memorial (more details below). We will be tabling
Monday - Wednesday, stop by!

Also, please join us tomorrow (Monday) for an MIT Amnesty meeting at 7pm
in 4-146 - we will be planning our upcoming budget so if you have any
ideas definitely plan to attend.

Best,
Kayvan
PS: you can help us publicize the benefit dinner by posting a flyer at
your dorm, frat/soriority, lab, or office
(http://web.mit.edu/kayvan/Public/Darfur_Dinner1.pdf)
--
*DARFUR FUNDRAISER DINNER*

Sunday, December 09, 2007, 7:00pm – 9:00pm
Walker Memorial (142 Memorial Drive)
http://events.mit.edu/event.html?id=8227815&date=2007/12/9

Please join us for a delicious full course dinner + entertainment to
raise funds for the World Food Program's 'Darfur Emergency Appeal' and
solar cookers for the 3+ million living in refugee camps.

PLUS:
- Live performance by Berklee College of Music's 'Voices of Mercy'
- An acoustic set by Delhill
- Solo artist & Darfur activist Sunish on keyboards
- An update by Physicians for Human Rights

Tickets: At the door, or presale in Lobby 10, Dec. 3-5

-Students: $12 (or $10 presale)
-Non-students: $15

FREE parking: http://whereis.mit.edu/map-jpg?selection=P9&Parking=go

Facebook: http://mit.facebook.com/event.php?eid=19421968952
Flyer: http://web.mit.edu/kayvan/Public/Darfur_Dinner1.pdf
More info: http://web.mit.edu/amnesty
Directions: http://whereis.mit.edu/map-jpg?mapterms=50&mapsearch=go

Sponsored by: MIT Amnesty International, MIT STAND, Public Service
Center, MIT Dining, Tech Catering, Anna's Taqueria, UA, GSC Off-campus
Subcommittee, GSC Activities Committee