[Mitai-announce] Fair Trade COFFEE FARMER - THURSDAY

Dhru Boddupalli dhrub at MIT.EDU
Mon Oct 18 21:10:39 EDT 2004

SLJ**************** STUDENTS FOR LABOR JUSTICE ****************SLJ

Students for Labor Justice, DUSP Student Forum & GSC present:

GOT FAIR TRADE? A Talk with Coffee Farmer Miguel Paz

Thursday, October 21, 7pm, Room 10-485

Come hear Miguel Paz, a coffee farmer farmer from the COCLA cooperative
in Peru, speak about the social and environmental impacts of Fair Trade,
the global coffee crisis, and how Fair Trade certification can make a
difference!

Refreshments will be served.  Come try some FAIR TRADE COFFEE and CHOCOLATE!

-----

DATE:    Thursday, October 21
TIME:    7pm
PLACE:   Bldg. 10-485

SLJ**************** STUDENTS FOR LABOR JUSTICE ****************SLJ

SLJ is a student group dedicated to workers' rights, economic justice --
and learning and having fun.
Last semester we worked on a super fly FAIR TRADE Campaign and had
notable victories-cafes will have FT this year!! We're going to continue
to build off of our victories and build awareness about FAIR TRADE (what
IS Fair Trade? what is UNfair trade?), issues of economic justice, and
demand for FAIR TRADE products.

ARE YOU IN?!

Email:   labor-info at mit.edu
Website: labor at mit.edu