[Mitai-announce] help NYC RNC protester

Aimee L Smith alsmith at MIT.EDU
Wed Dec 8 14:30:49 EST 2004

A call for some court solidarity for an RNC protester.
Please do what you can.  -Aimee

Dear Friends and Patriots,

As many of you know, on September 2, during the Republican National
Convention in NYC, Dennis Kyne, Gulf War Veteran, was arrested and
charged with eight different counts, including inciting a riot.  At his
first hearing on October 25th the motions for dismissal of the charges
against him were denied by the Judge.

Gideon Oliver, attorney working with the National Lawyer Guild who was an
observer during the RNC counter-protests, is now representing Dennis. He
is also working on the class action suit representing all individuals
falsely arrested and held in horrendous conditions beyond the 24 hours
allowed by law.

Dennis reappeared before the judge for the evidentiary hearing, on
November 17th, where the DA dropped the inciting a riot charge,a trial
date was set for December 13th, 2004 at 9:30 AM in Part C at the
Manhattan Criminal Courthouse, 100 Centre Street,  Manhattan, NY.

There are three critical things we can do to help Dennis.  This judge and
the DA/Prosecuting Attorney, need to know that WE, THE PEOPLE, ARE
WATCHING these proceedings. The current American judiciary will only act
responsibly if they know we are holding them accountable. Just two months
ago the People supported John Buchanan, who was being charged with 12
unfounded felony counts and, due to the overwhelming response of the
people, the Judge THREW OUT THE CASE!!  Don't underestimate the power we
hold as the ultimate employers of our court system representatives!

1) It is important that we have a strong physical presence at that
trial--if anyone can make it, or talk someone else into making it, thank
you.

2) Since the case was not dropped during this preliminary evidentiary
hearing.we will follow-up with calls to NYC Mayor Michael Bloomberg
212-NEW-YORK (212.639.9675) FAX (212) 788-2460; E-MAIL:
http://nyc.gov/html/mail/html/mayor.html; the judge and prosecutor to
encourage them to drop the charges and let them know that we are aware of
Dennis' situation and we are watching! Please watch for update emails as
soon as we have further information.

3) For more details on this case, listen to archive of Dennis and his
attorney on the Power Hour with Joyce Riley, which aired (Tuesday,
November 16th) www.thepowerhour.com. The discussion includes info on what
is happening with the case now and what was happening in New York during
the Republican National Convention that 50,000 people attended and a
million protested.

4) DONATE!! As he has done for many years, Dennis is still traveling the
country broadcasting the need for transparency and truth on Veterans'
issues and the state of America, and will be speaking at the School Of
America protest this year as well.  As most of you know, all speakers for
that event pay their own way.  Dennis has always paid his own way, with
help from all of you.  The private legal advice he is getting is 100%
funded from donations.  If you can help, or talk others into helping,
Dennis can receive donations at: PO Box 720254; San Jose, CA 95172.

5) Buy Dennis' excellent book, Support the Truth, and check out his CD by
the same name. Details at www.denniskyne.com, and available at
Amazon.com.

Thank you all for reading and responding, and for forwarding this to
every email address you can find!  It's only through standing together
that we can fight the ensuing police state and restore our Constitution
and Civil Liberties!!

Toward peace through truth,
Janice Matthews
Just another American for Truth and Integrity
Kansas City, MO  64114
816.444.3249