[miso-users] Miso 0.5.1 installation error

Yarden Katz yarden at MIT.EDU
Tue Mar 4 09:49:23 EST 2014

Hi Nastasja,

How did you install MISO?  You have to use a package manager like easy_install (preferably distribute's version of easy_install) or pip to get the proper binary scripts without the *.py files made.  Otherwise, it will not be able to find "sam_to_bam" which sounds like the error you're getting, where sam_to_bam is misinterpreted as a bash script.  See: http://genes.mit.edu/burgelab/miso/docs/#installing-fastmiso

Can you let me know your exact installation command?

Best, --Yarden