[miso-users] run-events-analysis stuck at "Waiting on 8 threads..."

Maayan Kreitzman mkreitzman at bcgsc.ca
Fri Oct 11 17:55:39 EDT 2013

Hi Yarden and all,
I've previously run MISO successfully, (and it was really fast) but some
things seem to have changed with the multithreading and cluster submission.

For running on a single host, it gets stuck at the "Waiting on 8
threads..." step, and it's been there for about a week.

run_events_analysis.py --compute-genes-psi /testing/MISO/ENS_new/ accepted_hits.bam --output-dir $outdir --read-len 42 –prefilter -p 8

For running on a cluster, are you supposed to run the same command
(without the -p 8 and with the --use-cluster) on the head-node?
Previously I just submitted the job to the cluster myself, but the docs
imply that miso will do the submitting.

thanks,
maayan

--