[miso-users] No generation of .miso files after run_events_analysis.py

Yarden Katz yarden at csail.mit.edu
Wed Oct 9 19:02:16 EDT 2013

Hi,

There are a couple of things to check: first, what does the MISO output say for each event as it is running?  Does it say that 0 reads map to each event?  If so, this could be caused by things like the BAM index file not being in the same directory of the BAM, or having a chromosome mismatch between the BAM and the indexed annotation.  See:

http://genes.mit.edu/burgelab/miso/docs/#answer4

It can also mean that you've passed MISO the wrong --read-len parameter, though in later versions there's error checking for this.

Also, are you running it using MISO's cluster support (i.e. --use-cluster)?  If so, it's best to check the stdout/stderr of cluster jobs to make sure the cluster submission worked correctly.

If all else fails, please send me a subset of the BAM (e.g. for one gene or event) and the relevant gene annotation and I can take a look.  Normally this is caused by either some problem submitting jobs to cluster, or a mismatch between the BAM and the GFF headers.

Best,
  --Yarden