[miso-users] Events with many gene annotations

Yarden Katz yarden at MIT.EDU
Wed Aug 28 17:03:54 EDT 2013

Hi Tyler,

Some of the AFE/ALE annotations, which we are currently reworking, have span very large genomic coordinates as you noted.  I believe these are probably dubious/faulty annotations.  But in any case, as you say, if you overlap the outer-most coordinates with genes there will potentially be many overlapping genes.

If I understand correctly, you're proposing to merge the first exon with all genes, then the second exon will genes, and take the intersection of those?

Best, --Yarden