[miso-users] Events with many gene annotations

Tyler Funnell tfunnell at bccrc.ca
Tue Aug 27 22:31:28 EDT 2013

Hello,

I've noticed that for some alternative events, there are many gene annotations in the event to ensembl Id mapping file. For example AFE event 83896 at uc002kgt.1@uc002hvt.1 has quite a few. I think this might be because the left-most and right-most coordinates for this particular event cover a large section of the chromosome and the gene mappings are based on these coordinates. If I'm right, I think a better way would be to get the overlap between genes (or gene exons) and individual event exons first, then merge to the event level.

Thank you,
Tyler