[miso-users] RE : Installing miso

Csardi, Gabor gcsardi at fas.harvard.edu
Tue Jul 30 17:01:07 EDT 2013

Hi,

MISO contains some C code, so installing it from source requires a C compiler.

When installing Python packages from source on Windows, the default (and only working?) C compiler is Visual Studio. I don't
know if it is possible to compile Python packages with (say) MinGW, maybe you can check that. Or you can actually also
download a free version of Visual Studio Express I believe.

Best,
Gabor