[miso-users] Paired end reads with different read length

Yarden Katz yarden at MIT.EDU
Tue Jul 10 11:10:32 EDT 2012

Hi Marcin,

MISO does not currently support mixed read lengths in the same BAM file.  The only way to apply MISO to these files is to separate your reads by length, and run MISO individually on fixed read length files.

If your insert length generates overlapping reads, that should not be a problem.  You just specify the mean and standard deviation of your distribution, which can be estimated using the "pe_utils.py" script.

Best, --Yarden