[Macpartners] Eudora Mailbox Cleaner 4.5 on Intel Macs?

chris gresham cgresham at MIT.EDU
Tue Aug 22 13:41:45 EDT 2006

Marion,

Perhaps I should have been more precise in my previous email. There are people within the community that are still in the process of migrating away from Eudora. The Eudora Mailbox Cleaner is used in the process. So, the request was for information on using the Eudora Mailbox Cleaner in the process of migrating to Apple Mail on Intel-based Macs. Additionally, I was curious to see if anyone had used the newer version of Eudora Mailbox Cleaner in the migration process on an Intel-based Mac.

I have a client who has had trouble using version 4.5 of the cleaner on his Intel Mac and was inquiring to see if others had had success or met similar problems.

As far as I am aware, support for Eudora 6.2 isn't scheduled to end until the end of December. So, I feel as though there may be a few other hold-outs that may benefit from this information.

Thanks,
Chris
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Marion Leeds Carroll
  To: chris gresham
  Cc: macpartners at mit.edu
  Sent: Tuesday, August 22, 2006 1:26 PM
  Subject: Re: [Macpartners] Eudora Mailbox Cleaner 4.5 on Intel Macs?

  I thought we were supposed to stop using Eudora, because MIT will no longer support it.

  - Marion Leeds Carroll

  On Aug 22, 2006, at 1:09 PM, chris gresham wrote:

    Hi All,

    I wanted to informally poll this list to see if anyone has had any experience using Eudora Mailbox Cleaner 4.5 on an Intel Mac. I am aware of one person who indicated that it worked for them (although it seemed to be unresponsive for a while) and am curious to see how it has worked for others. Also, has anyone noticed any performance improvements (in regards to performance on Intel-based Macs) in version 4.7?

    Thanks,
    Chris Gresham

  Marion Leeds Carroll
  MIT Libraries Web Assistant
  mlcar at mit.edu | E25-131 | 781.646.9115

  visit
  http://www. acceleratedcure.org/
  for information on the Accelerated Cure Project for Multiple Sclerosis