[Macpartners] "client certificate rejected

Albert Willis awillis at MIT.EDU
Mon Aug 14 21:14:56 EDT 2006

On Aug 10, 2006, at 11:42 AM, Felix Kreisel wrote:

> Dear colleagues,
> Since yesterday, I have been getting the following error when
> trying to get to the Dell page using Safari browser. Going to the
> Apple page is also impossible. Can anyone shed any light on this?
>
> Safari can’t open the page “https://web.mit.edu/ecat/dell/secure/”.
> The error was: “client certificate
> rejected” (NSURLErrorDomain:-1205) Please choose Report Bug to
> Apple from the Safari menu, note the error number, and describe
> what you did before you saw this message.
>

> Felix Kreisel - Systems Engineer,
> Plasma Science & Fusion Center, MIT
> 617-253-8625   fjk at mit.edu

The short answer is that there's a bug--the system finds the first
certificate that matches the search criteria, even it's an expired
one. The simplest thing to do is to delete the expired certificate by
launching Keychain Access, opening the "login" keychain, locating the
expired certificate and deleting it.

   -- Al

Albert Willis
Macintosh Platform Coordinator - Software Release Team
Client Support Services
Information Services and Technology
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
awillis at mit.edu