[Macpartners] Fwd: Mac OS X and the PowerMac G5 Tech Talk...

Ginny Williams ginnyw at MIT.EDU
Thu Mar 4 15:23:57 EST 2004

Hello!

Jay McSweeney of Apple asked that I pass this along to you.  Please
forward it to others you think might be interested.  You can direct
your questions to Jay (jaym at apple.com) or Eric Zelman
(zelman at apple.com).

Have a nice day!

Ginny

--- begin forwarded text

Dear Developer,

Apple Worldwide Developer Relations would like to invite you to the
upcoming "Mac OS X and the Power Mac G5 Tech Talk", Tuesday, April
20th at The Harvard University Science Center.

This event is aimed at developers in the Research and Science
community who want to better understand how to port their code on
Mac OS X and optimize for the Power Mac G5.

During the Tech Talk, Apple Technology Evangelists will explore many
of the technologies in Mac OS X.

Agenda topics will include:

   - Mac OS X Panther Technology Update: Walk-through of Panther's
     system architecture focusing on the new developments in each
     layer of the OS and Porting existing code to Mac OS X

   - The Power Macintosh G5 in Depth: Discussion of the new Power Mac
     G5 which focuses on product specifications, architecture and
     optimization techniques.

   - Xcode and Apple's tool suite overview: Walk-through of Apple's
     latest IDE and the suite of performance tools that ship with
     every PowerMac G5.

Don't miss this unique opportunity to interact with the Apple
Technology Evangelism team and learn the latest about developing
products for Mac OS X!

------------------------------
DATE AND LOCATION
------------------------------
Mac OS X and the Power Mac G5 TechTalk
Cambridge, MA

Tuesday, April 20, 2004
5:30pm Registration
6:00pm-9:00pm Presentations

Harvard University Science Center
Lecture Hall A, 1 Oxford Street
Cambridge, MA.

------------------------------
REGISTRATION INFORMATION
------------------------------
There is no enrollment fee required for participation in this
Tech Talk. You must assume your own travel and hotel expenses.

Seating is limited and registration is taken on a first-come,
first-served basis. We expect this Tech Talk to be very popular, so
we encourage you to reserve your space immediately by filling out
the registration information at
<http://techtalk.apple.com/?Event=MacOSXCambridge042004TT>

Upon receipt of your reservation, if space is available you will
receive a confirmation email with further details and lodging
options. You are not guaranteed a place without this confirmation.
If you have any questions, please contact us at <techtalk at apple.com>.

We look forward to seeing you at the Tech Talk!

Best regards,

Apple Developer Connection

Eric Zelman
Systems Engineer