[Macpartners] Conference for Macintosh developers

Ginny Williams ginnyw at MIT.EDU
Wed Mar 3 17:24:38 EST 2004

MacPartners,

I'm forwarding this at the request of Michael
Dautermann, one of the conference organizers.  He
can be found at adhoc2004publicity at earthlink.com.

MIT folks have attended in the past and I've
heard that it's a really good conference.

ginny

>To:  members of Macintosh User & Developer Groups
>

>If you are a novice Macintosh developer, chances
>are very high you know somebody who has attended
>MacHack in the past.  If you've been doing
>Macintosh coding for a while, chances are very
>high you've attended MacHack yourself.  The
>conference, renamed the Advanced Developers
>Hands On Conference, is putting out this
>invitation to past attendees and new
>participants.
>
>ADHOC has been the ultimate Macintosh
>developer's gathering for over 18 years.  It's a
>conference by developers for developers, where
>engineers get together to talk about the latest
>technologies and techniques, where you can work
>on spontaneous projects that have everything or
>nothing to do with your work,
>
>Sessions run the gamut of the industryŠ from
>Macintosh OS X to Palm Pilots & Pocket PC's to
>UNIX systems, the latest tools & compilers,
>techniques and the business of software.  You
>could attend sessions that range from an
>Introduction to Programming to Device Driver
>Debugging, round-tables where everyone can
>discuss how to market your software and how to
>deal with the Press, sessions for youths,
>beginners, or experienced developers who want to
>brush up their skills or learn something
>completely new!
>
>We have two great keynote speakers scheduled to
>appear:  Jordan Hubbard, Apple's manager of BSD
>Technologies, famous for FreeBSD & his countless
>Open Source contributions; and David Pogue, New
>York Times technology columnist, author, piano
>player.
>
>This Michigan-based, nationally-famous
>conference begins in the evening on Wednesday,
>July 21st and goes for 72 hours.
>
>Because ADHOC is a 24-hour-per-day event, it's a
>good idea to stay at the hotel where the
>conference happens.
>
>There are discounts for students and for registering early.
>
>Check out the website at http://www.adhocconf.com for more information.

Forwarded at the request of Michael Dautermann
<adhoc2004publicity at earthlink.net>