[Macpartners] How to install Mac OS on formatted machine

John Dvorak dvorak at MIT.EDU
Fri Feb 27 17:40:43 EST 2004

Hello,

I just got a Mac G4.  The hard drive has been formatted, and the OS has
been deleted.  I get the little flashing question mark when I start it up.

I have a Mac OS 9 CD and I'm trying to figure out how to install it.  The
machine does not recognize it when I put it in.

I just ordered Mac OS X Panther and would like to install that when I get
it, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to do that.

Can anyone provide me with some guidance on this?

Thank you in advance!!!
John Dvorak
IT Audit Supervisor