[Macpartners] Office v. X update problems

John C. Welch jwelch at MIT.EDU
Mon Feb 16 13:21:45 EST 2004

On 2/16/04 9:56 AM, "Melissa Shults" <mshults at MIT.EDU> wrote:

> I am having difficulty updating Office v. X.  I am trying updater
> 10.1.2 first, which says it combines all previous updaters for Office
> v. X for Mac.  When I install it, it says that the installation has
> been successful, but the version number for Office, Excel, PowerPoint
> do not update to 10.1.2 but remain at 10.0.0.  The installer
> explicitly states that the new versions of these applications
> following installation should be 10.1.2.  I tried removing the Office
> Folder and reinstalling from the CD and updating while not connected
> to the internet, but this does not remedy the problem.  I also have
> never installed a version of Office Test Drive.

Some of the updates don't change the version numbers consistently. Try
running the 10.1.2 update, then the 10.1.4 update. If the 10.1.4 update
works, then you're golden.

john

--
Pain is only weakness leaving the body