[Macpartners] Office v. X update problems

Melissa Shults mshults at MIT.EDU
Mon Feb 16 10:56:21 EST 2004

Hello,

I am having difficulty updating Office v. X.  I am trying updater
10.1.2 first, which says it combines all previous updaters for Office
v. X for Mac.  When I install it, it says that the installation has
been successful, but the version number for Office, Excel, PowerPoint
do not update to 10.1.2 but remain at 10.0.0.  The installer
explicitly states that the new versions of these applications
following installation should be 10.1.2.  I tried removing the Office
Folder and reinstalling from the CD and updating while not connected
to the internet, but this does not remedy the problem.  I also have
never installed a version of Office Test Drive.

If anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Melissa