[Macpartners] G5/ OS X 10.3 and Gigabit ethernet

Giovanni Aliberti vanni at allegro.mit.edu
Sat Feb 7 00:56:00 EST 2004

Is anyone actively using the Gigabit interface ?

It seems like the new ethernet interface is not properly working properly.

Specifically, it's NOT working during BOOT time, when the machine
is self configuring (and for example starting the automounter)
then by the time it fully boots, then interface is working.

It's as if there is a delay or some speed long negotiating when
the interface is enable.    Let me know if you have found a simple fix
or interested in the solution.  I have seen this before on Dell
servers running Linux and believe that we can implement some similar
work around.

-vanni