[Macpartners] Re: Psync broken in 10.3

Dan Armendariz danallan at MIT.EDU
Wed Oct 29 11:53:02 EST 2003

Hello all,

	For those of us who rely on Psync for backups (and probably Carbon
Copy Cloner) have been saddened by the fact that Psync is not currently
supported for 10.3.  However, through much rummaging and a little
thought, I have found a fix (you must have the Xcode dev tools
installed):

- Download the file:
http://www.dan.co.jp/cases/macosx/MacOSX-File-0.66.tar.gz
- Un-tar the file
- Open terminal.  Type "cd " (note the space) and drag the
MacOSX-File-0.66 folder into the terminal, and push enter.  You should
now be in the MacOSX-File-0.66 folder
- Type the following commands in the terminal window (case is
important):

curl -O http://www.dan.co.jp/cases/macosx/panther.pat
patch -p1 < panther.pat
perl Makefile.PL
make CC=gcc3
make test
sudo make install

- Note that if you get an error while doing the command "make CC=gcc3"
you may have to use "make CC=gcc2" instead.  Some people can use gcc2,
and others can use gcc3.  I would assume gcc3 is better, however, since
it is a newer compiler.  Apparently having done a clean install makes
the difference, although I'm not absolutely sure.

It should now be installed.  I have tried it using CCC, and it seems to
work great and clone successfully.

Thanks to:
http://www.dan.co.jp/cases/macosx/psync.html
http://www.mail-archive.com/macosx@perl.org/msg05485.html