[Linerva-announce] Linerva upgrade to Debian 6.0 64-bit complete

Geoffrey Thomas geofft at MIT.EDU
Tue Jan 24 21:59:27 EST 2012

We completed the upgrade to Debian 6.0 64-bit this afternoon, and Linerva
is now available again for use, including web logins at
https://linerva.mit.edu/.

As part of the upgrade, we have installed 32-bit equivalents of all 64-bit
libraries currently installed, and configured Linerva to make them
available to 32-bit programs. As mentioned previously, if you find
software that no longer runs and that you were depending on Linerva to be
able to run, please let us know at linerva at mit.edu and we will see what we
can do.

In addition, I'd like to take this chance to welcome new maintainers Alex
Chernyakhovsky, Alex Dehnert, and Bethany LaPenta, who will be taking on
responsibility for this service as the current maintainers graduate, and
I'd also like to thank the three of them for their work in preparing for
the transition and in making sure the service has been running smoothly
today.

As always, we welcome bug reports, comments, complaints, and questions
at linerva at mit.edu. You may contact just the Linerva maintainers at
linerva-root at mit.edu.

--
Geoffrey Thomas