[LCM Articles] Museum of Al Khiam prison

Hanan Karam hnkaram at MIT.EDU
Mon Aug 28 12:51:00 EDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: <Srpmmp at aol.com>
To: <al-awda-CT at yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Sunday, August 27, 2006 4:30 PM
Subject: [al-awda-CT] Fwd: fadhil

  --------

  Barbarity demolishes my paintings and the works of other Arabic and
International artists, with a burning bombs
 Israel demolishes the Museum of Al Kheaam prison in Southern Lebanon

 Talal Moualla

  After two years of freeing Southern Lebanon from the Israeli
occupation. And Starting from the spring of 2003, many intellectuals
and artists gathered to transfer Al Kheam prison to an Art museum. In
order to transfer it from a prison camp, that Israel has practiced in
it the most ugliest ways of torture and killing, to a place of
creativity, that adds to life the power of creativity and peacefulness
. I was able with the committee that consisted at that time of a group
of artists and critics, to chose a group of Arabic and foreign artists,
who were able to come to the location, and lived the status that the
human had to live in Southern Lebanon. I listened to some of those who
lived this life of horror in this prison camp along the years of
occupation.

  In the cells of this prison camp, and its areas that overlooks the
blue strip, met creative artists from the Arabic world and from Europe,
to witness the smell of killing and torture in this area, which its
liberators insisted in transferring it to an Art Museum. However at
22nd July2006 along with the Israeli attack on Southern Lebanon, the
Israeli air forces attacked the prison museum with nine raids and
dropped seismal and botryoidal bombs and explosions with the weight of
quarter a ton , that turned the area into a pile of grinned stones,
including the works of international, Arabic and Lebanese artists.

  Demolishing this human creativity by this scandalous way , shows the
extent of animosity, cruelty, violence and hostility in the Israeli
psychology, and the fact that they cannot tolerate that this prison
camp which they have practiced in it the most ugliest kinds of human
torturing , has been transferred to a museum for human arts, that shows
the extreme power of living and the artists insistency to create the
balance in the human consciousness.

  As one of those who contributed in arranging this forum, and
participated in accomplishing mural art works , beside my fellow
artists, I ask the UNESCO and the other International creative and
righteous organizations, to investigate in this conspicuous attack on
creativity, deny what the Israeli war mechanism has done to the works
of artists and criminalize the levity that destroyed the dream of
changing this prison camp to a museum that could be set as an example
for the coming generations, to narrate the memory of an un equal
struggle between the power and the dream. Also I ask all the artists
whose works has been ruined in this attack to raise a memos to the
specialized authorities, to disclose this ugly brutal attack.

 www.iraqpavilion.com
 www.pushthebuttonplay.com

  --------
and IM. All on demand. Always Free.

and IM. All on demand. Always Free.

Unless indicated otherwise, all statements posted represent the views of
their authors and not necessarily those of Al-Awda, The Palestine Right to
Return Coalition. visit http://al-awda.org/connecticut for details on this
group

Contact your representatives and elected officials: use
http://congress.cfl-online.org/

For other ways to help, see http://BoycottIsraeliGoods.org
Yahoo! Groups Links