ccapiserver -k not working in kfw-4.0.1?

Thomas Sondergaard ts at medical-insight.com
Thu Mar 7 10:28:17 EST 2013

On 06-03-2013 23:25, Benjamin Kaduk wrote:
> On Wed, 6 Mar 2013, Thomas Sondergaard wrote:

>>> It is probably one of those, yes. :)
>>>
>>> The codepath which is supposed to do something with a detected -k
>>> argument has been commented out since its import in 2008 (commit
>>> 7bfff838).
>>> The commented code makes a call to a purpoted routine
>>> shutdown_server(), an implementation of which has never been checked
>>> into the tree.

A few follow-up questions:

Is the maturity of kwf-4.0.1 lower than kfw-3.2.2? On krbcc32s.exe I
believe the -k option works.

Is kfw-4.0.1 substantially the same or kfw-3.2.2 or has it been
rewritten? Can I trust it, is what I'm asking :-)

>>> So, it's not going to work, without developer time.
>>>
>>> -Ben
>>
>> I managed to build the master branch of krb from
>> https://github.com/krb5/krb5.git without issues following the
>> instructions in krb/src/windows/README, so that is encouraging.
>> Perhaps I can work something
>
> I consider that good news; we haven't gotten much feedback one way or
> the other about the new build instructions for KfW 4.
>
>> out myself.
>
> src/windows/installer/wix/custom/custom.cpp:KillRunningProcessesSlave() is
> an existing routine which searches for and terminates other
> processes.  I don't think it's up to current Microsoft recommendations
> for doing so, but it may be useful as an example if you need a place
> to start.

It it using the Process32First/Process32Next from the Tool Help Library.
There is also the EnumProcesses API. Either will work if we just want to
run through the processes and kill any process with the same executable
file path as us (except we shouldn't kill ourselves :-)). Is that good
enough? I think I can tinker that together, without too much trouble.

Is the ccapiserver only for Windows and mac, there doesn't seem to be a
unix implementation?

Will the ccapiserver work on a Windows multi-user machine? I assume each
user will have his own server in that case.

Thanks,
Thomas

--
Thomas Søndergaard