ccapiserver -k not working in kfw-4.0.1?

Benjamin Kaduk kaduk at MIT.EDU
Wed Mar 6 17:25:50 EST 2013

On Wed, 6 Mar 2013, Thomas Sondergaard wrote:

> On 2013-03-06 18:14, Benjamin Kaduk wrote:
>> On Wed, 6 Mar 2013, Thomas Sondergaard wrote:
>>
>>> If I start ccapiserver in one terminal and open another and run
>>> "ccapiserver -k" I would expect the ccapiserver process to shut down.
>>> This doesn't happen.
>>>
>>> Is it my understanding that is wrong or is there a bug?
>>
>> It is probably one of those, yes. :)
>>
>> The codepath which is supposed to do something with a detected -k argument
>> has been commented out since its import in 2008 (commit 7bfff838).
>> The commented code makes a call to a purpoted routine shutdown_server(), an
>> implementation of which has never been checked into the tree.
>>
>> So, it's not going to work, without developer time.
>>
>> -Ben
>
> I managed to build the master branch of krb from
> https://github.com/krb5/krb5.git without issues following the instructions in
> krb/src/windows/README, so that is encouraging. Perhaps I can work something

I consider that good news; we haven't gotten much feedback one way or the
other about the new build instructions for KfW 4.

> out myself.

src/windows/installer/wix/custom/custom.cpp:KillRunningProcessesSlave() is
an existing routine which searches for and terminates other processes.  I
don't think it's up to current Microsoft recommendations for doing so, but
it may be useful as an example if you need a place to start.

-Ben