WIX GUID question

Asanka Herath asanka at secure-endpoints.com
Mon Mar 31 13:59:29 EDT 2008

> When I install from the .msi or .exe on a bare XP SP2 VM, msvc*80*.* are not
>  installed.

They won't be installed in the application directory since they are a
part of a shared assembly.

> Where/how is CL1400 / CL_1400 supposed to be defined?

It's defined in src/windows/installer/wix/site-local.wxi.  That's
derived from site-local-tagged.wxi.  Look for the following section:

    <!-- One of the following must be defined and must correspond to the
         version of compiler used for building Kerberos for Windows -->

    <!-- <?define CL1200?> -->
    <!-- <?define CL1300?> -->
    <?define CL1310?>
    <!-- <?define CL1400?> -->