WIX GUID question

Kevin Koch kpkoch at MIT.EDU
Mon Mar 31 13:19:26 EDT 2008

When I install from the .msi or .exe on a bare XP SP2 VM, msvc*80*.* are not
installed.  Where/how is CL1400 / CL_1400 supposed to be defined?

Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: asanka at gmail.com [mailto:asanka at gmail.com] On Behalf Of Asanka Herath
Sent: Monday, March 31, 2008 11:20 AM
To: kpkoch at mit.edu; kfwdev at mit.edu
Subject: Re: WIX GUID question

We don't include the runtime for that compiler the same way we include
the runtime for earlier compilers.  If you scroll down towards the end
of files.wxi, you'll see a section called  "<!-- Shared assembly
runtime for VS 2005 -->", which is where the VS 2005 merge modules are
incorporated into the installer.

The runtime libraries for VS 2005 are installed as shared assemblies
using these redistributable merge modules.  You shouldn't need to
include anything else.

- Asanka

On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 11:03 AM, Kevin Koch <kpkoch at mit.edu> wrote:
> files.wxi does not have a <?ifdef CL1400?> section to install the MSVC
>  redistributables.
>
>  To clone the redistributables from another section, where should the
GUIDs come from?