[krbdev.mit.edu #6027] Bug in MIT Kerberos for Windows Version 3.2.2

Jeffrey Altman via RT rt at krbdev.mit.edu
Sat Jul 12 22:52:20 EDT 2008

[peter.wolfe at hp.com - Sat Jul 12 22:41:18 2008]:

> I have windows home premium 54-bit.
> The secure endpoints site:
> http://www.secure-endpoints.com/#kfw
> says to install BOTH the 32 bit and 64 bit MSI files on 64 bit
> windows...
> I installed the 32 bit one first and then the 64 bit one.
> The 64 bit install detects the 32  bit one and *removes* it
> before proceeding. So is the web site just wrong? Or should
> the installation order be 64 bit then 32 bit (which I haven't
> tried yet). Either way, both installs will try to install
> the same service, no? Which one should win?
>
> 		pete

Pete:

64-bit KFW is not supported by MIT.  Secure Endpoints provides support
for 64-bit Windows.  Support is available to paying clients.

  http://www.secure-endpoints.com/support/kfw.html

KFW does not install any services so there are no conflicts.  32-bit KFW
is required if you are using 32-bit applications that make use of the
Kerberos or GSS libraries.  32-bit KFW is also required if you need
identity management for Kerberos v4 credentials.

If you can provide an installation log that shows the unintended
uninstall to Secure Endpoints, a fix can be produced.

The Upgrade Codes for the 64-bit and 32-bit KFW packages are different
so they really should not be affected one another.

AMD64:
<?define UpgradeCode="6DA9CD86-6028-4852-8C94-452CAC229244"?>

X86:
<?define UpgradeCode="61211594-AAA1-4A98-A299-757326763CC7"?>

Jeffrey Altman
Secure Endpoints Inc.