[krbdev.mit.edu #5859] Build of windows/identity fails in clean directory

Kevin Koch via RT rt at krbdev.mit.edu
Wed Jan 23 15:13:11 EST 2008

Your theory that I was using nmake V8 in the failing case and V7 in the
succeeding case is correct.

It turns out that in the VM with VS2005 installed, the failing case was
in a W2K environment shell, with nmake V8 from c/Program
Files/Microsoft Visual Studio 8/VC/BIN.

The succeeding case was in a XP build environment shell, with nmake V7
from c/Program Files/Platform SDK Server 2003 R2/Bin.

I will update the build documentation to say what build environment is
needed.