C++ for Windows CCAPI server?

Jeffrey Altman jaltman at secure-endpoints.com
Tue Oct 30 10:02:07 EDT 2007

Kevin Koch wrote:
> Is there any reason to not use C++ for the Windows CCAPI server?

The reason we wanted to move away from C++ was because of the fact that
each time Microsoft upgrades their compiler, they have broken our C++
code.  Hence the reason we couldn't build with VS2005 for so long.  If
you are willing to take the risk that each time a new compiler is issued
that you will need to go back and fix the C++ language utilization to
remain compliant, then C++ is acceptable for development.