NIM dialogs pop under instead of on top?

Christopher D. Clausen cclausen at acm.org
Wed Jun 13 11:59:20 EDT 2007

Kevin Koch <kpkoch at mit.edu> wrote:
> We have a KfW 3.2 testing report that when a kerberized Windows
> application needs credentials, that the NIM dialog is displayed at
> the bottom, rather than the top, of the stack of Windows.  This
> creates the impression that the Windows application has hung.
>
> Does anybody else see this?

Yes, I have seen this.  Its especially annoying since I have the TweakUI
auto-raise turned on, so even if boxes do pop up on top of everything
else, they immediately get covered at the slightest mouse movement.  I
assumed it was just a problem with auto-raise and therefore I haven't
submitted any bug reports.  And as a work-around I just try to ensure
that I have valid tickets before attempting any Kerberos operation.
(Running ms2mit.exe nearly always pulls in my AD credentials into the
MIT ccache.)

<<CDC