[Kfwdev] Using the checked in build configuration file

Jeffrey Altman jaltman at secure-endpoints.com
Thu Apr 19 19:41:08 EDT 2007

Jeffrey Altman wrote:
> Kevin:
>
> In other words, you are saying that it is not possible to use the config
> file to specify how to build and instead all of the parameters *MUST* be
> specified using the command line options.  I will go back to that approach.
>
> Jeffrey Altman
Kevin:

I 'm continuing to test with your commits of last night.

Specifying everything on the command line successfully produces a build
much as it did with the version from last Friday except for one small
problem.  It is not possible to sign anything because the timestamp
server is specified in the custom config file as part of the Signing
Command Template.  When the version of the config file from the build
tree is used the signing fails because there is no replacement for the
TIMESTAMPSERVERGOESHERE string.

How do you want to address this?

Would you prefer a new command line option to specify the timestamp
server and have it be substituted into the Signing Command Template?  Or
would you prefer that a signing command file be provided?  For example,
the /sign command could take an option

     /sign <sign-command>

where the bkw.pl would simply execute

    <sign-command> [file-list]

as a method of passing in this information.   If you just want to pass
in the timeserver it could be

    /sign <timeserver>

and then the Signing Command Template would need to substitute for the
TIMESERVERGOESHERE string.

Which would you prefer?

-----

In the meantime, I will revert back to the scripts from Friday and
continue testing with those.

I will also take a look at the output of the scripts you generated into
AFS.  If all of the file contents are correct, then perhaps you can
generate the build after Tom tags and I can simply sign the post-build
if that works for you.

Jeffrey Altman