Error in client with kerberos and SAP SSO

Tim Alsop Tim.Alsop at CyberSafe.Com
Fri Sep 29 14:43:17 EDT 2006

Hi,

I recommend that you report this to SAP, since you are using the SAP
supplied SSPI wrapper library (gsskrb5.dll), which is displaying this
error. The error means that the SAP gss library was unable to find any
Kerberos ticket in the Microsoft credentials cache for the given user
principal name.

Thanks,
Tim Alsop
CyberSafe Limited

-----Original Message-----
From: kerberos-bounces at mit.edu [mailto:kerberos-bounces at mit.edu] On
Behalf Of Raunitschke, Sascha
Sent: 29 September 2006 14:33
To: kerberos at mit.edu
Subject: Error in client with kerberos and SAP SSO

Hi@ Juan Manuel Sestelo,

I'm very interested if you have solved the problem "Error in client with
kerberos and SAP SSO".

I have exactly the same problem as you have reported in this forum and I
wonder if you can provide me the solution.

Problem description:

Hi,
I have implemented an SSO solution with kerberos5, SNC, Active Directory
2K3 with SAP(Unix
Server). It Works fine, but I found an error in some clients that I want
to investigate.

Some days, in the morning (note: users don't close the windows sessions
at the end of work-day,
they block-out their computers), when users try to connect to SAP, they
receive the following
client error (in the SAP client log):

Component  SNC (Secure Network Communication)
Release            620
Version            5
Module             sncxxall.c
Line               1223
Method             SncPAcquireCred
Return Code        -4
System Call        gss_acquire_cred
Counter            4

or this one:

Sapgui 620 [Build 8966] Tue Feb 15 10:21:59 2005 : 'SNCERR_GSSAPI
An operation failed at the GSS-API level sec_avail="false"
Component  SNC (Secure Network Communication)
Release            620
Version            5
Module             sncxx.c
Method             SncInit
Return Code        -4
Counter            2

The problem ends if the user close it windows session and start it
again.
Someone knows this error?

Thanks for you help/answer in advanced.

Regards,