Error in client with kerberos and SAP SSO

Raunitschke, Sascha sascha.raunitschke at hp.com
Fri Sep 29 09:32:46 EDT 2006

Hi@ Juan Manuel Sestelo,

I'm very interested if you have solved the problem "Error in client with
kerberos and SAP SSO".

I have exactly the same problem as you have reported in this forum and I
wonder if you can provide me the solution.

Problem description:

Hi,
I have implemented an SSO solution with kerberos5, SNC, Active Directory
2K3 with SAP(Unix
Server). It Works fine, but I found an error in some clients that I want
to investigate.

Some days, in the morning (note: users don't close the windows sessions
at the end of work-day,
they block-out their computers), when users try to connect to SAP, they
receive the following
client error (in the SAP client log):

Component  SNC (Secure Network Communication)
Release            620
Version            5
Module             sncxxall.c
Line               1223
Method             SncPAcquireCred
Return Code        -4
System Call        gss_acquire_cred
Counter            4

or this one:

Sapgui 620 [Build 8966] Tue Feb 15 10:21:59 2005 : 'SNCERR_GSSAPI
An operation failed at the GSS-API level sec_avail="false"
Component  SNC (Secure Network Communication)
Release            620
Version            5
Module             sncxx.c
Method             SncInit
Return Code        -4
Counter            2

The problem ends if the user close it windows session and start it
again.
Someone knows this error?

Thanks for you help/answer in advanced.

Regards,