malloc hang inside krb5_sendto_kdc

Ken Weaverling weave at navajo.dtcc.edu
Mon Feb 2 22:22:38 EST 2004

In article <200402022121.i12LLuRr013433 at ginger.cmf.nrl.navy.mil>,
Ken Hornstein <kenh at cmf.nrl.navy.mil> wrote:

>Well, you seem to be handy with a debugger, so I would recommend using
>a debugging malloc library that will trap writes outside of the
>malloc'd memory areas.  One such library is Electric Fence (efence),
>and it comes with the RedHat system I have access to.

I seem to remember that being on the RHEL extras CD. Yet another thing
to learn!

Another lazy option is to just migrate to krb 1.3.1. Got that working
under RHEL 3 and that solves tcp issues with a windows 2003 server so
that might be best bet for us in the long run anyway.

> This will help
>you track down the part of your program that is corrupting the malloc
>data structure.

Thanks.
--
Ken Weaverling (ken a.t weaverling.org) WHOIS: KJW  http://www.weaverling.org/