[gwaMIT] McKinsey & Company - March 2023 APD Recruiting Newsletter

gwaMIT gwamit at mit.edu
Wed Mar 1 14:26:25 EST 2023

Recruiting Newsletter | March 2023

The Advanced Professional Degree (APD)<https://www.mckinsey.com/careers/students/advanced-professional-degree-candidates/other-phd-and-post-doctorate-schools> recruiting team is excited to share our March APD recruiting newsletter with you. Below you'll find more information about our upcoming virtual recruiting events, including details for our flagship programs - Insight & Diversity Connect! Scroll down for more information.

Flagship Programming - Apply by March 7!

We are excited to share two virtual opportunities for advanced degree students. Be sure to submit your application by March 7th!

Insight

This virtual program consists of two regional half-day workshops, offering an insider's look into management consulting at McKinsey for participants with academic backgrounds in STEM and healthcare.

Learn more<https://www.mckinsey.com/careers/students/insight/overview>

                                               Application Deadline: March 7

Diversity Connect
This virtual program is hosted by the McKinsey Black Network and Hispanic and Latino Network and includes similar programming to Insight, but with additional sessions focused on our affinity networks and diversity, equity, and inclusion at McKinsey.
Learn more<https://www.mckinsey.com/careers/diversity-connect>

                                               Application Deadline: March 7

Virtual Events

Join us for our upcoming virtual events! Stay up to date with our full list of events by clicking here<https://www.mckinsey.com/careers/students/advanced-professional-degree-candidates/other-phd-and-post-doctorate-schools>.

You can view a full list of upcoming affinity-specific events here<https://www.mckinsey.com/careers/campus-affinity-events/office-hours>.

Proud Speaker Series - Out and Proud Fireside Talk (Q&A)
Join us in a fireside chat with our panel of LGBTQ+ colleagues about their experiences in bringing their most authentic selves at McKinsey.

March 2, 2023 at 12:00pm ET

                                    <https://jobs.mckinsey.com/events/Rsvp?folderId=70763%3Frid%3Dgl_we_af_lp_2302_Proudspeakerseriessession4&utm_medium=DSMN8&utm_source=LinkedIn&utm_user=14419233742967761>

Diversity Connect Office Hours
Ask your questions about McKinsey, the recruiting process, the McKinsey Black Network, Hispanic & Latino Network, Indigenous at McKinsey, and more!

March 2, 2023 at 3:30pm ET

                                    <https://jobs.mckinsey.com/events/Rsvp?folderId=76836>

APD Office Hours
Join us to connect with Advanced Professional Degree (APD) Recruiters and get your questions answered. Sessions are informal and optional to attend

March 3, 2023 at 3:00pm ET

                                    <https://jobs.mckinsey.com/events/Rsvp/?folderId=76894>

Connect with McKinsey

Complete this interest form to stay up-to-date on the latest  APD recruiting information, and much more.
Learn more<https://jobs.mckinsey.com/events/EventDetails?folderId=60539>

Exploration Month

Throughout the month of April, McKinsey office locations and practices will be hosting exploration events for you to learn more about the distinct qualities that make each office and practice unique.

More to details to come! In the meantime, you can get a head start on exploring our offices here<https://www.mckinsey.com/careers/students/student-resources/us-offices>.

Featured Insights

Treating rare diseases: How digital technologies can drive innovation

Pharmaceutical companies are using recent advances in digital technologies to improve care strategies and provide hope for rare disease patients across thousands of different rare diseases. Read more here<https://www.mckinsey.com/industries/life-sciences/our-insights/treating-rare-diseases-how-digital-technologies-can-drive-innovation>.

A new operations formula for the chemicals sector

Facing spiraling costs, looming skills shortages, and the decarbonization imperative, manufacturers of chemicals and agricultural products can't afford to stand still. Read more here<https://www.mckinsey.com/industries/chemicals/our-insights/a-new-operations-formula-for-the-chemicals-sector>.

Generative AI is here: How tools like ChatGPT could change your business

Generative AI and other foundation models are changing the AI game, taking assistive technology to a new level, reducing application development time, and bringing powerful capabilities to nontechnical users.

Read more here<https://www.mckinsey.com/capabilities/quantumblack/our-insights/generative-ai-is-here-how-tools-like-chatgpt-could-change-your-business>.

This email is confidential and may be privileged. If you have received
it in error, please notify us immediately, delete the email, and do not
copy it, disclose its contents or use it for any purpose.