[gwaMIT] Interest in starting a Science Club for Girls Chapter at MIT?

gwaMIT gwamit at mit.edu
Thu Sep 1 15:01:56 EDT 2022

Good afternoon!

My name is Keegan Mendez and I am a 5th year PhD student in HST in Ellen Roche’s lab. I am currently one of the co-presidents of the MIT Biotech Group<https://biotech.mit.edu/> along with fellow HST PhD student, Morgan Janes.

We are reaching out to see if your organization would be interested in helping to establish a formal Science Club for Girls<https://www.scienceclubforgirls.org/> chapter here at MIT.

Science Club for Girls (SCFG) is an AMAZING organization that works to increase accessibility and sense of belonging for girls and gender expansive youth from underrepresented groups in Greater Boston in STEM through after school programming and mentorship.

SCFG has historically had many mentors from the MIT community, but there has never been a formal MIT Chapter and we are hoping to change that this year. Please let us know if you would like to get involved, or if you know anyone else who would like to get involved. Really appreciate it! 😊

Have a fantastic weekend!
Keegan

Keegan Leigh Mendez
kmendez at mit.edu<mailto:kmendez at mit.edu>

Ph.D. Candidate, Medical Engineering & Medical Physics
Harvard-MIT Program in Health Sciences & Technology
Therapeutic Technology Design & Development Group | Prof. Ellen Roche