[gwaMIT] gwaMIT 2020 Empowerment Conference Next Week!

gwaMIT gwamit at mit.edu
Fri Oct 23 10:52:56 EDT 2020

The COVID-19 pandemic has profoundly altered our daily lives. We at gwaMIT are here to tell you that you are "In Isolation but Not Alone". This year, gwaMIT's Empowerment Conference will focus on wellness during the pandemic. Events will take place from 26th October to 30th October.

A schedule with conference events is below. More details and RSVP information can be found on our website<http://gwamit2020fallempowerment.wordpress.com>. Hope to see you there! Our events are free of charge and open to the MIT public. We are reimbursing a snack or drink up to $7 for some events too!

Best,

gwaMIT 2020 Empowerment Planning Committee

gwaMIT 2020 Empowerment Conference: In Isolation But Not Alone

26th October to 30th October 2020

We have a great line-up of events next week, hope to see you there!

Check out our list of events below and go to https://gwamit2020fallempowerment.wordpress.com for more details. Some of the events have limited space, so register today!

  *   Mon 26th Oct, 12 PM to 1 PM: Womxn's Healthcare
Join medical experts specializing in women's health, reproductive health, mental health and trans-women's health share their thoughts on what more people need to know about their fields! We are reimbursing a snack or drink up to $7 for this event!
Register here<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/womxns-healthcare-gwamit-empowerment-conference-tickets-125815354111>.
  *   Mon 26th Oct, 8 PM to 9 PM: Zumba Workshop
Luckily quarantine doesn't mean you can't still get a great workout dancing in your room! Join us for a free 1-hour Zumba class with a certified instructor.
Register here<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/zumba-class-gwamit-empowerment-conference-tickets-125748094937>.
  *   Tue 27th Oct, 1 PM to 2 PM: Design Thinking Workshop
Learn how proven design thinking mindsets can help you design and build your career in the face of all the unknowns, especially in a pandemic.
Register here<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/design-your-life-workshop-tickets-125758788923>.
  *   Wed 28th Oct, 12 PM to 1 PM: Keynote Address: Ritu Raman
Ritu Raman is the founder of the Women in Innovation and STEM Database at MIT (WISDM). WISDM is more than a website - it's a community that elevates and promotes the visibility of MIT women. We are reimbursing a snack or drink up to $7 for this event!
Register here<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/keynote-address-ritu-raman-gwamit-empowerment-conference-tickets-125812100379>.
  *   Thu 29th Oct, 2 PM to 3 PM: Wellness During COVID with Zan Barry
This session with Zan Barry will address practical tips for self-care during stressful times. We are reimbursing a snack or drink up to $7 for this event!
Register here<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/wellness-during-covid-with-zan-barry-gwamit-empowerment-conference-tickets-125814449405>.
  *   Fri 30th Oct, 12:30 PM to 1:30 PM: Speed Networking with womxn at MIT
WFH means it can be even harder than usual to meet new people outside your department at MIT. Come join us for one hour of "speed networking" with MIT womxn graduate students. We are reimbursing a snack or drink up to $7 for this event!
Register here<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/speed-networking-gwamit-empowerment-conference-tickets-125750116985>.

Graduate Womxn at MIT (gwaMIT) is an organization to support MIT graduate students seeking a space to talk about the experiences of being a woman and/or being coded as a woman, while acknowledging the diversity among people who have had these experiences. We use the term "womxn" to signify that gwaMIT is a space for anyone who identifies with this mission, which may include transgender women, cisgender women, non-binary people, and gender diverse people.

In addition to our annual conferences, we host a mentoring program and a series of smaller workshops and focus groups throughout the year.