[GWAMIT] GWAMIT notice to the community: changes in our programming related to COVID-19

GWAMIT gwamit at mit.edu
Mon Mar 16 15:11:45 EDT 2020

Dear GWAMIT community,

In accordance with recent MIT restrictions<http://mit.edu/covid19/> around COVID-19, all GWAMIT-related events are cancelled or postponed until further notice. This includes the annual Leadership Conference (originally April 6-10). For events that are not GWAMIT-run, but advertised by our newsletter, please check directly with the organizers of that event.

We recognize that this is a difficult time for many of you and want to remind you of available resources for coping with stress during this period:

·        Resources for Managing Stress during COVID-19 - sign up for virtual workshop sessions March 12th - April 13th<file:///C:/Users/User1/Dropbox%20(MIT)/GWAMIT/%E2%80%A2%09https:/sites.google.com/ihopenetwork.com/coronavirus-workshop/>

·        MIT Mental Health<https://medical.mit.edu/services/mental-health-counseling>

·        Harvard: Managing fears and anxiety around the coronavirus (COVID-19)<file:///C:/Users/User1/Dropbox%20(MIT)/GWAMIT/%E2%80%A2%09https:/www.harvard.edu/sites/default/files/content/coronavirus_HUHS_managing_fears_A2%5B5%5D.pdf>

·        Guidance for campus managers/employees who are aware of a person with exposure/possible exposure to an individual with confirmed COVID-19<https://medical.mit.edu/guidance-COVID-19>

Our board is working to ensure that GWAMIT can continue to be a community that brings women together, particularly in such times of need. We will need to make adjustments to our current programming and activities in order to ensure continuity of the organization in the coming weeks. In the interim, we plan to continue distributing our biweekly newsletters. Please stay tuned for updates!

Best,

GWAMIT Exec Board