[GWAMIT] NE GWiSE Spring to Action Postponed

GWAMIT gwamit at mit.edu
Fri Mar 6 19:23:19 EST 2020

Dear GW at MIT members,

In case you were planning to go to NE GWiSE's Spring to Action tomorrow but hadn't yet RSVPed, we wanted to let you know that the event has been postponed. The email from NE GWiSE is below.

Best,

GW at MIT

"Due to concerns related to COVID-19, we have decided to postpone our Spring to Action event. Member schools, including MIT<https://medical.mit.edu/news/2020/01/2019-novel-coronavirus-updates-1> and Harvard<https://huhs.harvard.edu/about-us/announcements-events/coronavirus-information-and-updates>, have been monitoring the situation and requested that associated groups cancel all gatherings over a minimum threshold. Remarkably, we have surpassed both of these thresholds in our attendee registrations. In order to ensure community safety, we will be holding the event later in the year when the situation is under better control.

We are disappointed not to be able to share Spring to Action with you this weekend, but hope you understand our choice in light of today's announcement of the growing spread of COVID-19 in Boston. The board will be meeting soon to discuss possible new dates for the future. Please reach out to us with any comments, questions, or concerns!

We apologize for any inconvenience, and for the late notice. Please know that this decision was made with great care and consideration. We hope you will join us for our delayed Spring to Action later this year! Please stay healthy and safe."