[GWAMIT] GWAMIT is rebranding. And we'd like you to be a part of it.

GWAMIT gwamit at mit.edu
Fri Jul 24 14:42:15 EDT 2020

Dear GWAMIT members,

Looking for a new quarantine project? Or maybe you’re itching for an
opportunity to stretch those digital art muscles? GWAMIT has a project for
you.

We’re rebranding. And we’d like you to be a part of it. Ten years ago,
GWAMIT was founded for the purpose of supporting the professional
development, individual growth, and empowerment of all graduate womxn at MIT,
while enhancing connections between existing groups. Our current logo
includes the female gender symbol, which we recognize is not inclusive of
all the identities that our organization represents. Until we select a new
logo (see Logo Design Competition), we will be removing the gender symbol.
We’re looking internally to ways we can promote inclusivity within our
organization and its membership—and that starts with making sure that all
those who recognize our logo can see themselves represented accordingly.

GWAMIT Logo Design Competition

What we’re looking for:

A simple, scalable, inclusive logo that doesn’t set boundaries on how womxn
are defined. Too much detail in a logo will make it difficult to print.
Your logo should look acceptable in grayscale. For more recommendations on
good logo design, see this link
<https://info.4imprint.com/wp-content/uploads/developing-a-logo-4imprint.pdf>

Deadline: August 7, 2020 11:59PM ET

Prize

GWAMIT apparel with your designed logo + succulent garden

Application materials

   1.

   Original files (see below for correct file format)
   2.

   A short (300 word max) explanation of your design and how it promotes
   inclusivity

To: Email all application components to gwamit-exec at mit.edu with the
tag-line “GWAMIT logo design competition”

*Please note that if your artwork is selected, you will be asked to sign an
official agreement giving GWAMIT express use of the logo design.

File formats

Vector art: AI or EPS (Suggested software: Adobe illustrator, Corel Draw,
Inkscape)

Other formats: If not vector art, submissions must be at least 300 dpi.
Accepted file formats include: .jpg, .tif, .png)

Color: Please specify in both RBG and CMYK color codes

You may not

Use clipart or art designed by another artist. All artwork must be original.

If you have questions regarding submission requirements, please contact the
GWAMIT exec board at gwamit-exec at mit.edu