[GWAMIT] Newsletter, January 8th 2019

GWAMIT gwamit at mit.edu
Tue Jan 8 18:13:20 EST 2019

 Graduate Women at MIT Weekly Newsletter

GWAMIT Newsletter
View this email in your browser
<https://us14.campaign-archive.com/?e=[UNIQID]&u=e2397380ea9467186e5aeb1b2&id=1712fecf72>
GW at MIT Newsletter January 8, 2019
<http://www.gwamit.org/> Website <http://www.gwamit.org/>
<gwamit-exec at mit.edu> Email <gwamit-exec at mit.edu>
<http://www.facebook.com/gwamit> Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/gwamit>
<http://twitter.com/gwamitweb> Twitter <http://twitter.com/gwamitweb>
<https://www.instagram.com/gwamitweb/> Instagram
<https://www.instagram.com/gwamitweb/>
Message from the GWAMIT Board:

*Happy 2019**! *
Our best wishes for the New Year!

- The GW at MIT Board
*Event overview:*

*GW at MIT:*

1. Learn more about Title IX
2. NE GWiSE Open Board Meeting! (January 28)
3. NE GWiSE Annual Spring to Action! (April 6)

*Note:* GW at MIT Running Group will resume during IAP
(we will let you know the exact date in our next newsletters!).

*OTHER EVENTS:*

4. Volunteer with *Beautiful Pattern*!
5. How to Handle Negativity (January 10)
6. Graduate Workshop on Leadership Development (January 15)
*Did you know ... ?*

There is a wide range of activities offered during the Independent Activity
Period (*IAP*) at MIT! This year there are some interesting events on *Women's
Issues* and *Diversity and Equity*, among others.

You can check the whole list here <http://student.mit.edu/iap/nctoc.html>.
*Storied Women of MIT:*

*Ann Graybiel*
(1942 - )

(click here <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0gZRdMGf1E> to see video
about her)
*GW at MIT event details*

*1. Learn more about Title IX*

t9tldr.mit.edu

We want to share t9tldr.mit.edu, a resource to help students learn more
about the Department of Education's new proposed Title IX regulations.

At the request of undergraduate and graduate students in the Title IX
Student Advisory Committee, *this website features specific information
about the proposed regulations and offers the MIT community information
about how to engage in the notice and comment period*.

The notice and comment period runs until January 28th!
*2. NE GWiSE Open Board Meeting!*

*When: *Monday, January 28th, 6:30-7:30pm
*Where:* Harvard University.
                 20 Oxford Street (Hoffman Labs), 4th floor Faculty Lounge
Room 409.
*RSVP:* here
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeEnmaMKsacOARFf1p-FCqJbFXErfJztzMKNbe5sVPqfN_aNQ/viewform>

Please join us if you're interested in learning more about New England
Graduate Women in Science and Engineering (NE GWiSE) and/or getting
involved! Opportunities for involvement include joining a planning
committee for our upcoming Spring to Action event and shadowing current
board member(s) to find a position of interest to join next year.

Check out our website negwise.wordpress.com for more information.
*3. NE GWiSE Annual Spring to Action!*

*Title:* Roles and Relationships: A Summit on Mentorship in Grad School and
Beyond