[GWAMIT] GWAMIT- Truth Values Play- Sign up now!

GWAMIT gwamit at mit.edu
Thu Sep 6 09:43:12 EDT 2018

Hello GW at MIT!

Welcome back and hope you had an amazing summer! Next week, we're going to Truth Values- One Girl's Romp through MIT's Male Math Maze with some members of AMITA (Association of MIT Alumnae). We'll subsidize the student tickets so that it'll only cost you $15 per person. If you'd like to come, RSVP at this link<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/gwmit-amita-truth-values-one-girls-romp-through-mits-male-math-maze-tickets-49900196832> ASAP (there are limited tickets available!). There will be a wait list in case people cancel last minute so sign up even if the event is "full." We'll follow up with final details about the event (meeting time, etc.) and payment later this week for those who get tickets.

**Note: these tickets are student tickets so they're only available for current MIT grad students.

Hope to see you there!

-GW at MIT Board

GW at MIT and AMITA: Truth Values - One Girl’s Romp Through M.I.T.’s Male Math Maze

When: Thursday, September 13th. 7.30PM.
Where: Central Square Theater
Price: Subsidized to $15pp
Sign up here<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/gwmit-amita-truth-values-one-girls-romp-through-mits-male-math-maze-tickets-49900196832>!
Website: web<http://truthvaluesplay.com>

[https://gallery.mailchimp.com/e2397380ea9467186e5aeb1b2/images/b91e9414-82e9-4635-a583-dce67668f046.jpg]
Photo credit: Silvana Ximena

Join AMITA and GWAMIT to see the award-winning national hit play, “Truth Values: One Girl’s Romp Through M.I.T.’s Male Math Maze.” Created by M.I.T. alumna Gioia De Cari, and called “hilarious” by WIRED, the play is also a serious exploration of the world of elite mathematics and the challenges women face in the STEM environment.

“Truth Values” has been presented at more than 50 different theaters and performing arts centers throughout the U.S., including sold-out shows at the La Jolla Playhouse Potiker Theatre, The Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts, Ensemble Studio Theatre in New York, and USC’s lauded Visions and Voices Arts and Humanities Series, among many others. M.I.T. presented the play as part of the institute’s 150th-anniversary celebration. For more information, visit truthvaluesplay.com<http://www.truthvaluesplay.com>.

"If you see only one play this year about reflexive non-binary relations, make it this one."
- The Los Angeles Times