[GWAMIT] Executive Board Application and Upcoming Leadership Conference!

GWAMIT gwamit at mit.edu
Wed Mar 21 13:25:30 EDT 2018

Hello GW at MIT!

Hope your semester is going well and that you have plans for Spring Break next week! Two important things coming up: 1) It's time for a change in leadership so if you're interested, apply for the next executive board! (See below) 2) Our Leadership Conference is April 5-6th! All* events are free and include food! (except Zumba and Professional Headshots). See below for details.

1. Apply to the next GWAMIT Executive Board 2018!
When: now
Apply: https://goo.gl/forms/uVvwW8DcNiNfni5r1

Interested in being more involved in GWAMIT? Have you attended or helped plan a past GWAMIT activity, and would you like to become a member of the Executive Board? Would you like to be active in supporting graduate women and engaging with the Institute?
Apply now for a GWAMIT Executive Board position!
Before applying, please take a look at our website (gwamit.org - DON'T use the Google link), and email gwamit-exec at mit.edu<mailto:gwamit-exec at mit.edu> if you have any questions. Once you apply, email us to schedule a brief, 1:1 interview with a current Executive Board member.

2. GW at MIT Leadership Conference: Connecting women, creating leaders.
When: Thursday and Friday April 5-6th, 2018 (*Note: Zumba is on Tuesday, April 3rd)
Where: On campus
Website: www.gwamitleadership2018.wordpress.com<http://www.gwamitleadership2018.wordpress.com>
RSVP:  Coming soon! Links will be on website and Facebook events

Join GW at MIT for our Leadership Conference! We have a variety of free* events including panels, workshops, professional headshots (discounted price!), a Zumba class (April 3rd), and our keynote by Dr. Susan Hockfield! Hope to see you there! Also, email gwamit-exec at mit.edu if you're interested in volunteering during the conference- there's extra swag as a reward =). Brief schedule below (events may be added). Conference poster attached.

Tuesday, April 3rd : 5-6pm Zumba Class
Thursday, April 5th:
9-10am Entrepreneurship panel
10-11:30am Speech workshop (limited spots!)
12:45-2:30pm Negotiation workshop
3-5pm Professional Headshots (limited spots, subsidized cost)
5-6pm Keynote Fireside Chat: Dr. Susan Hockfield
6-7pm Dinner and dessert reception
Friday, April 6th:
9-10:30am Diverse careers panel