[GWAMIT] NE GWiSE Spring to Action Event this Saturday!

GWAMIT gwamit at mit.edu
Mon Feb 26 15:58:41 EST 2018

Hello GWAMIT!

Hope your semester is going great so far! We have 2 awesome events for you this week! Hope to see you there! Details below.

Best,
GWAMIT

1. March First Friday: How to Effectively Leverage the MIT Alumni Network
When: Friday, March 2nd, 12-2pm
Where: W20-306
We'll learn how to effectively use the MIT Alumni Network for anything from finding event speakers or funds to networking to find a job. Erin Hollis from the Alumni Association will walk through the resources available to connect students with alumni and Jake Livengood from GECD will run a short workshop about steps to take when reaching out to alumni for informational interviews/networking. Lunch will be provided!

Then, this Saturday we're teaming up with New England Graduate Women in Science and Engineering (NE GWiSE) and its 7 other partner schools across the New England area to discuss the issue of sexual harassment in higher education and what we can do to improve the policies and climate at our schools. More details below (flyer attached)!

2. NE GWiSE First Annual Spring to Action! Beyond breaking the silence, building a collective
Date and Time: Saturday, March 3rd, 12:00-6:00 pm (Registration starts at 11:30am)
Location: Tufts University School of Medicine, 145 Harrison Ave. Sackler Building, Boston, MA 02116
RSVP<https://ne-gwise-spring-to-action-2018.eventbrite.com/>: https://ne-gwise-spring-to-action-2018.eventbrite.com/
Facebook Event<https://www.facebook.com/events/127619737953216/>: (https://www.facebook.com/events/127619737953216/)

NE GWiSE<https://negwise.wordpress.com/> is having its first annual Spring to Action event! This year, it will be a forum addressing Sexual Harassment in Higher Education, hosted by Tufts University School of Medicine. The goals will be to discuss and understand the issue of sexual harassment in higher education, learn and share information concerning the current policies addressing this issue at our schools, discuss what policy changes we would like to see at each school, and develop a plan of action moving forward to collectively advocate for policy change. Through concrete and collective action, we hope to improve the culture surrounding sexual harassment in higher education. We welcome all affiliates of our partner schools who are interested in addressing this issue to attend! Lunch and snacks provided.