[GWAMIT] Newsletter, December 20

GWAMIT gwamit at mit.edu
Thu Dec 20 14:10:30 EST 2018

 *|MC:SUBJECT|* *|MC_PREVIEW_TEXT|*

GWAMIT Newsletter
View this email in your browser <*|ARCHIVE|*>
GW at MIT Newsletter December 20, 2018
<http://www.gwamit.org/> Website <http://www.gwamit.org/>
<gwamit-exec at mit.edu> Email <gwamit-exec at mit.edu>
<http://www.facebook.com/gwamit> Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/gwamit>
<http://twitter.com/gwamitweb> Twitter <http://twitter.com/gwamitweb>
<https://www.instagram.com/gwamitweb/> Instagram
<https://www.instagram.com/gwamitweb/>
Message from the GWAMIT Board:

We wish you *Happy Holidays and a wonderful 2**019*!

- The GW at MIT Board
*Event overview:*

*GW at MIT:*

1. Learn more about Title IX
2. NE GWiSE Open Board Meeting! (January 28)
3. NE GWiSE Annual Spring to Action! (April 6)

*Note:* GW at MIT Running Group is cancelled the rest of December.
We will resume during IAP (we will let you know the exact date in our next
newsletters!).

*OTHER EVENTS:*

4. Christmas Eve Israeli Dance Marathon (Dec 24)
5. 2019 Scientista Symposium (Deadline: January 1)
6. Getfit 2019 (January 3)
*Did you know ... ?*

Doing your holiday shopping in Amazon? Shop in AmazonSmile
<https://smile.amazon.com/> and donate 0.5% to MASS AWIS! They will greatly
appreciate your contribution!

The mission of MASS AWIS is to support women in all scientific fields, to
achieve equity and full participation for women in science, technology,
engineering and mathematics (STEM). By breaking down barriers and creating
opportunities, MASS AWIS strives to ensure that women in these fields can
achieve their full potential.
*Storied Women of MIT:*

*Margaret E. Maltby*
(1860 - 1944)

(click here  <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSMhidDwdDw>to see video
about her)
*GW at MIT event details*
*1. Learn more about Title IX*

t9tldr.mit.edu

We want to share t9tldr.mit.edu, a resource to help students learn more
about the Department of Education's new proposed Title IX regulations.

At the request of undergraduate and graduate students in the Title IX
Student Advisory Committee, *this website features specific information
about the proposed regulations and offers the MIT community information
about how to engage in the notice and comment period*.

The notice and comment period runs until January 28th!
*2. NE GWiSE Open Board Meeting!*

*When: *Monday, January 28th, 6:30-7:30pm
*Where:* Harvard University (room TBA)
*RSVP:* here
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeEnmaMKsacOARFf1p-FCqJbFXErfJztzMKNbe5sVPqfN_aNQ/viewform>

Please join us if you're interested in learning more about New England
Graduate Women in Science and Engineering (NE GWiSE) and/or getting
involved! Opportunities for involvement include joining a planning
committee for our upcoming Spring to Action event and shadowing current
board member(s) to find a position of interest to join next year.

Check out our website negwise.wordpress.com for more information.
*3. NE GWiSE Annual Spring to Action!*

*Title:* Roles and Relationships: A Summit on Mentorship in Grad School and
Beyond