[GWAMIT] End of semester events

GWAMIT gwamit at mit.edu
Thu Dec 7 16:06:42 EST 2017

Hi GWAMIT!

Hope your semester went well and is wrapping up nicely! We're all looking forward to the holidays, or at least the break from classes. In lieu of a full newsletter this week, we've just included a couple events below that are coming up this weekend and next week. We'll have one more newsletter next week and then take a break for the holidays. Good luck with finals and the rest of your semester!

Happy Holidays!
GWAMIT

What: Ellen Swallow Richards Birthday Party + Holiday Party with AMITA
When: Sunday, December 10th from 1:30-3:30pm
Where: Bush Room 10-105
Description:  AMITA, the Association of MIT Alumnae, invites you to join us this Sunday, December 10th, for our annual celebration of Ellen Swallow Richards (the first woman to graduate from MIT) Birthday Party + Holiday Party at the Bush Room 10-105: please stop by between 1:30pm and 3:30pm for networking, bring-your-own-games, show-your-crafts, holiday treats and snacks, cake, and punch.   Please register for this free event at http://amita.alumclub.mit.edu/esr2017.

What: Tampon and Pad Drive for Rosie's Place
When: Monday, December 11th - Friday, December 15th (24/7!)
Where: Box inside the entrance of the Cheney Room (3-310)
For the holidays, Graduate Women at MIT (GWAMIT<http://www.gwamit.org/>) and New England Graduate Women in Science and Engineering (NE GWiSE<https://negwise.wordpress.com/>) are helping Rosie's Place<http://www.rosiesplace.org/> collect much needed tampons and pads for poor and homeless women. A collection box for Rosie's Place will be in the Cheney Room 12/11-12/15 - items accepted 24/7! Items can be bought anywhere, of course, but they can be cheaper on Amazon =)