[GWAMIT] Invitation to participate in GWAMIT's Title IX It's on Us video!

GWAMIT gwamit at mit.edu
Mon Mar 23 14:35:11 EDT 2015

Dear GW at MIT members!

We at GW at MIT believe strongly in working against gender-based discrimination, harassment and violence within and beyond our campus walls. As part of our collaboration with the Title-IX Student Working Group on campus, we are putting together a video for MIT's It's On Us video campaign, and we'd love YOUR help. The campaign has asked campus groups to provide answers to these questions:

How does your group want to contribute to stopping sexual violence at MIT?

What is your role in creating a safer environment for people of all genders?

What will you do to make MIT a more supportive place for survivors?

What impact does your group want to have on the greater MIT community?

We'd like to open this up to you, our members - what do you want to say?We'd love to hear your attitudes, hopes, concerns and ideas surrounding Title IX, gender discrimination and sexual harassment and assault prevention at MIT. Please record a brief video (phone/webcam quality is fine, up to 30 seconds in length and we will put your responses together to make a video representing the wide diversity of GW at MIT members and your views. This video will first be shown to you all and then entered into It's On Us, MIT's video campaign, and screened publically during Sexual Assault Awareness Month (April 2015).

Please email us with any questions, and submit your entries by email to gwamit-exec at mit.edu<mailto:gwamit-exec at mit.edu>, or by dropbox or google drive link.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Alexandra Toumar
PhD Candidate