[GWAMIT] Today: Panel on women in academia

GWAMIT gwamit at mit.edu
Thu Nov 7 07:55:18 EST 2013

GWAMIT's Leadership Conference continues today with a panel on women in academia. See further details below to register and attend.

2013 GWAMIT Leadership Conference

Panel on Women in Academia
Speakers: Claudia Goldin, Radhika Nagpal, & Rochelle Walensky. Moderated by JoAnne Yates.
Time: Thurs, Nov 7, 11:45 – 12:45 (Lunch served 11:30am)
Venue: 32-G449 (Kiva Room, Stata Center)
Description: We are pleased to welcome panelists Claudia Goldin, Henry Lee Professor of Economics at Harvard University and author of Understanding the Gender Gap: An Economic History of American Women; Radhika Nagpal, Fred Kavli Professor of Computer Science at Harvard University, MIT alum, and author of the popular Scientific American Guest Blog article “The Awesomest 7-Year Postdoc or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Tenure-Track Faculty Life;” and Rochelle Walensky, a physician-researcher, Associate Professor of Medicine at Harvard Medical School, and author of a popular piece on pregnancy “disclosure” that appeared in JAMA. JoAnne Yates, Sloan Distinguished Professor of Management at MIT, will moderate the event.

Register here: https://gwamitlead2013-panel.eventbrite.com