[GWAMIT] Spring Kick-Off This Week!

GWAMIT gwamit at mit.edu
Sun Apr 25 14:13:40 EDT 2010

Dear GWAMIT Members,

We are excited to debut with our kick-off this week!  Our schedule is
below:

[Mon - 4/26]
Keynote, "The Evolution of Bias" (5:30-6:30, 46-3002)
Freada Kapor Klein, an expert on workplace diversity relations, will
describe implicit and explicit gender-related bias in academic
environments.  Reception to follow.

[Tues - 4/27]
Workshop, "Negotiating Difficult Situations"* (1:30-3, 66-168)
Toni Robinson, MIT Ombudsperson, will lead exercises demonstrating how
to handle situations including negotiating credit, dealing with
harassment, and negotiating attention from supervisors.  Dessert
provided.  (RSVP requested.)

[Wed - 4/28]
Panel, "Collaboration in Invention" (6:30-8, 56-154)
Women in research and industry discuss the role of collaboration in
their inventions.  Reception to follow.

[Thurs - 4/29]
Panel, "Life Choices: Work and Everything Else" (6:30-8, 4-237)
Women in research and industry discuss the choices they have made
regarding work/life division, marriage, and children.  Heavy hors
d'oeuvres provided.

[Fri - 4/30]
Graduate Women Mixer* (5-6:30, 6-321)
Come network with fellow graduate women! Sloan's Lakshmi Balachandra
will lead an introductory exercise on improvisational leadership.
Drinks and heavy hors d'oeuvres provided.  (RSVP requested.)

* RSVP requested (https://alum.mit.edu/smarTrans/public/Register.dyn?eventID=43284&groupID=194
).

There is more information on our website:
http://gsc.mit.edu/gwamit/events/spring2010.html

We hope to see you there!

The GWAMIT Board
gsc.mit.edu/gwamit